No Words Except One, Awesome….

If you have visited here before,you must have encountered few posts where I have mentioned those few poetic marvels of Ahmed Faraz. I am not capable enough to portray the greatness of this poet and of his work and I am afraid, I may something too small for him! If you have no idea what poetry is and who is Faraz, I would strongly suggest that you search for him on Google and read his work. His words can bring tears from the eyes of the stones as well!

As I said, I have tried to compile some of my favorite ones from the ocean of Faraz’s work over here. If you are willing to read about them, use the search option over the right hand side. I have read again today few poetic marvels and thought would add them here with the translation for those who may not understand Hindi or Urdu. Like all the previous ones, these also have shook me apart and that’s the reason I thought to share it here.

This is the first one,

Wo mujhe roz parindo ki misaal deta hai Faraz,

Saaf saaf nahin kehta k mera shehar chhod do!

And its meaning in English is,

He gives me examples of birds daily,

But he never tells me clearly that leave my city!

 

And here is the second one,

Iss tarah gaur se mat dekh mere haath Faraz,

In laqeeron mein hasraton k siwa kuch b nain!

Here is its translation in English,

Don’t stare at my hands so sharply,

There is nothing in these lines except some (unfulfilled) wishes!

 

As I said in the title too, there can’t be any word better than “awesome”, wasn’t I was correct?

Comments

Jas Bhati said…
Yup Aman,u are absolutely correct.
Its awesome....
Aman.... said…
Yes Jas, Faraz has put fire in his words!

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….