Saturday, July 14, 2012

Travel & Tensions Going Hand-In-Hand…..

Its 9:30am local time at Phnom Penh where I am at the moment since this Sunday. Its Saturday and I have two days of off time with me but I am not sure what to do with it because of many factors. The only good thing is that I managed to finish my this week’s session with a good rating. There were no comments but still, I am happy about the rating considering the language challenge that is here. I have one more session pending for the next coming week still though. Let’s see what happens in it.

This travel seemed to be started with a very painful and rough start. If you are a regular here, you would be knowing it already that I have met with an accident (again) and I haven’t still recovered form the injuries. Now,its almost more than 25 days that it has happened so this is actually a very serious thing for me because I am not having the privilege to be at home and wait for it to get healed properly but have to go out to earn bread and butter for my family. So I insisted the doctor taking care of the injury that he must make sure that it gets healed as soon as possible, to which he said sure it would-just as doctor would say to you anyways. Since dad is not there with us anymore so its very important that I must get fine as soon as possible and for this very reason and also that doctor told me that since I didn’t take care of my wound for the initial 2 days and now it has got infection, I got even more worried and concerned and may be for the first time, I did have all the medicines, took all the injections in a very disciplined manner. If you know me, I am not very well known for taking medicine or follow and listen to the doctors much so for me.

Now, as I had followed all what the doctor said and also made sure that in every alternate days, he is also examining me properly, I expected that the wound also heal. But it didn’t and then came up this two week of overseas travel at Cambodia. If I am at India or at home, I can take rest or at least can go to a doctor easily. Its not so easy to do when you are traveling overseas and that too for work. And this did make me both worried and more concerned so the very day, when I had to leave for Delhi to catch my flight, I told the same to the doctor and asked him to give me medicines for all these days and also to examine my wound more carefully. And here at this point the stupid doctor just woke up may be from his sleep and said that my wound needs stitches to be done over it. Huh? Are you kidding me, I said to him because I knew that stitches were required but since he didn’t say anything about it when I showed him my wound after 2 days of accident so it was an obvious thought that may be its late for them now and normal dressing should sort things out. Now, after almost 20 days of the dressing, he suddenly said that stitches are required and that too on that day when I have to travel! I was so angry but I just managed somehow to keep my cool and asked that why we didn’t go for this in all these past days-to which he gave a very stupid reply that we left it on God and believed that he would heal the wound along with the medicines that we are giving. OMG WHAT A BS! But I had no other second option to pick. The doctor did put the stitches and also did cut open the wound to get all the dead tissues and god knows what else, out! All I can say that I didn’t feel that much pain when I got the injury as much as I felt at that time. Its not very easy to make me scream with pain of the wounds and I am not bragging about it. I have faced plenty of accidents by now and I know how to endure the pain but this one was beyond my limit to bear. Anyways, the process was complete and now I had to travel with these stitches only and work in the same situation. It was hurting like hell and it seemed that the pain would just kill me.

And just when I thought that this would be the only thing that has gone wrong, I was again proven wrong.

I had a connecting flight from Bangkok to Phnon Penh. The flight from Delhi of Jet Airways started almost an hour late and then it did touch down happened also very late at Bangkok airport. This left me just about 10 minutes to go and grab the next flight of mine. Its not a very long time but with my condition, it appeared too small because I couldn’t walk at all. Somehow, I did manage to reach before the counter would close. Ironically, the stupid airline was again delayed. I just could wait and finally, set out for Phnom Penh. Now, this flight from Bangkok Air doesn’t offer any vegetarian food because according to them, it must be told to them 24 hours prior the flight. So it means that there was nothing to eat for me in the flight. Well, not so bad , I said to myself as I thought I shall have something at my hotel. The flight took 90 minutes to reach, double of the actual scheduled 45 minutes but finally we reached. When I went to the immigration, he asked my nature of visit and when I told that I am here for a training session, he couldn’t understand. After few non-understandable communication attempts , he finally stamped my passport and I was through. After that it was a usual wait for the luggage and here came another surprise or rather I should say, shock! The last luggage bag was picked and mine didn’t show up at all in all this while. It never happened with me and I am traveling a lot from a long time. Now, it wasn’t still going to be a big issue as airlines take care of such things but it was already 11pm and I had to go for session next morning and I was wearing a six-pocket trouser with a tee. I was furious and immediately checked with the local airport staff. They told me that they have already got the info that my luggage is there at Bangkok airport , hearing which was a relief but the shocker was that my luggage was not coming today but tomorrow morning on a different flight. It was  just so stupid and I was just so so angry. But there was nothing that I could do so I signed the form for the missing luggage, mentioned my hotel’s name and asked for the luggage to arrive ASAP in the morning and I was promised the same too. Now, all I could do was that to wait in my hotel and pray that my luggage would come on time so that I can go for work on time. But its quite less often that prayers become true isn’t it?

My luggage arrived but instead of as first thing in the morning , at 12pm noon. I had already asked the sales person to inform the customer about this stupid problem and fortunately, client was okay to start the session late. So on Monday, I started the session at 1pm and finally things started to get rolling,

Now, there is everything else that’s fine about the place where I am except that its surrounded by pubs and night clubs, both which has no use to me and that there is no veg food in the hotel or around. Fortunately, I met two Indian fellows who are also working at the same site for a project and they very kindly gave me numbers of few veg good restaurants. They are here for 6 months and shall be leaving soon and they are very kind I must say. They ordered food for me and didn’t let me pay once and also, yesterday they cooked lunch for me along with their and brought it. Absolutely fantastic!

Now, I have this weekend free with me and I have no idea what to do as I am still toying with the idea of going for a short city tour or not because there is a lot going on in my mind. There is some tension that has crept in related to work and I am not sure when I shall go back, what would happen? It has nothing to do with me but to the people with whom I work with. Its a big time tension on my mind at the moment along with the tension about the wound and so many other things. Let’s see what happens. Hope it would go fine. Fingers are crossed!

Its just so frustrating at times that all what you want is just a little peace and that too seems like too much to ask for, isn’t it?


Blogger Tammna said...

Its happens that some days just ain't so easy.Hope your wounds will heal nicely & quickly.Get well soon.God bless you..:)

July 16, 2012 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home