Weekend But Not Started So Well….

Its Saturday here and I have got two days of this weekend free with me before I shall start the next week and continue the session of mine which started on this Wednesday. There is nothing that I have in mind that how would I spend this weekend of mine at the moment and looking at the series of the small events happening since morning, I doubt that it would go very well.
I started the day by doing the usual chores of mine-checking my emails, looking at OTN forums and listening/searching for new songs that I can listen on YouTube. While doing the 3rd task, I stumbled on a song sung by Kamal Heer (brother of Manmohan Waris and Sangtar Heer) which he sung while performing at Melbourne in 2011,on the occasion of the show Punjabi Virsa. I am sure that the other songs also would be very nice but the one which I heard today, shook me up completely for not one but many reasons. The song has also come up very nice, in fact its too emotional and touchy song and you would truly feel the pain depicted in the song if you have got the gifts of tears, cries and a shattered heart from your beloved. The song is in Punjabi and I shall be translating it in English as well. Below is the original, Punjabi version of the song,
Before I write the lyrics and its translation in English, let me give you  a brief idea about the song’s plot. This song is depicting the emotions of a guy who probably is sitting on a lonely corner somewhere and is remembering his past and from that past, a particular year and a month of that year, a fateful day when his beloved left him. Even after many years later, he remembers all the events which did happen just like yesterday , just like the year and month and is asking that how can he forget that time when his beloved left him? Also he remembers so well those places where they went with each other and also the times when they were together. He has kept all those small things that belong to his beloved so fondly, even till now but how scared he is to even look at those things because each one makes him remember his beloved who left him. Not just this but he doesn’t even talk about any of these since doing so brings tears in his eyes. Because visiting those places brings tears in his eyes, he swears that he won’t ever again go back to those places. Not only that the song is written superbly but Kamal has sung it with such a deep emotional touch. If you have got such fateful fate too that you got your heart and soul pierced for the rest of your life by none other than your beloved, its not possible that tears won’t come from your eyes after hearing this song of if you don’t understand Punjabi, after reading its translation in English. So now since you know what the song is all about, here are the lyrics of it in Punjabi,
Yaar yaar kookan chhadd yaar gaya,
Labhaan yaar nu labhda yaar naahin!
Bhulle aish jahan de yaar baajhon,
Maja yaarian da baajhon yaar nahin!
Khair Deen Shah yaar bin ghatt jeevan,
Kol yaar de jekar yaar naahin!

2001 te maheena bhaida May da,
Kiven bhullan saal tera jindagi chon gayi da!

Station v yaad aaunda, bahot Ludhiana da,
Katthe da Delhi nu Shatabdi ch jaane da!
Saun kha layi uddon de train ch nahin bahi da!
Kiven bhullan saal tera jindagi chon gayi da!

Ik yaadgaar tan alag saade kol e,
Waalian chon lathha tera nagg saade kol e!
Us mulakaat da tan naa v nai layida!
Kiven bhullan saal tera jindagi chon gayi da!

Jihde utton langhdeyan da, waar waar rona e,
Jikar Phillaur waale pul da v hona e!
Jaan hi na lai laye saadi, darde hi rahida!
Kiven bhullan saal tera jindagi chon gayi da!

Chupchap khadi Sukhpal chete aaundi e,
Dooron dooron Sat Sri Akal chete aaundi e!
Saanu kalle chhad dil tod raahe payi da!
Kiven bhullan saal tera jindagi chon gayi da!


And the translation for the same in English,
I am calling her name who has left me,
I am looking for my love whom I can't find anywhere!
All the joys of this life are forgotten without love,
There is nothing in this world without my beloved!
If one has to live, he must live less,
If there is no beloved with you by your side!

2001 and the fateful month of May,
How do I forget that year when you left me?

That train station of Ludhiana comes so much in my mind,
From where we used to travel together to Delhi in the Shatabdi train!
I have sworn now that would never sit in the train ever again!
How do I forget that year when you left me?

One souvenir is still with me,
That small broken from your earrings!
I don't even mention about the meet of ours to anyone anymore!
How do I forget that year when you left me?

Whenever I shall cross over, I shall always cry,
From that bridge of village Phiallaur!
I just feel so scared that talks about bridge would take away my life some day!
How do I forget that year when you left me?

I still remember you standing so quitely,
I still remember you saying that last goodbye, that too from distance!
When you left me all by myself thus crushing my heart and went on your own way!
How do I forget that year when you left me?

Just so you know Shatabdi is a train that goes to New Delhi and Phillaur is a small town . And Khair Deen Shah is one of the writers of this song besides Sukhpal Aujla!
I am not sure that how many of you would be able to relate to this song and understand the deep pain mentioned in it through words! Its so easy to walk away but that who is left behind with a broken heart with eyes full of tears and soul wounded, only he knows what it feels like to stand on that lonely road again seeing some one leaving. It may sound so stupid to some that how visiting a place or visiting a country/city/town would bring tears to the eyes but that happens, trust me and to know why, you have to be that lonely person standing on the road. And when you are left all alone, tears are the only true friend you would get to be with!

So this was that 1st thing that did shake me up when I listened to it and even then, I have heard this song about 20 times already since morning.
The 2nd thing is again, with a surprising coincidence, related to music only.  I got an email from a friend of mine who is getting married in May and wanted to compile a disk of love songs for her would-be husband. Since I hold a reputation of a big time music buff, she thought I can help her in getting the best of the songs and also that I can look at the list that she has already compiled and thought to burn on the disk. She sent the list in the email and asked me to listen to the songs and give my opinion that whether they are a good choice or not? While most of the songs were from either the latest movies or from latest released pop-albums, two songs were not so new. Below are those two songs which stood out from the list for me.
The first song is from  a movie Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon. Its a movie which didn’t do very well but the song, Kasam Ki Kasam from it has become a must-to-hear for all who look for a romantic number to dedicate to their loved ones. Here is the video of the same,
The second song is from a pop-album Tera Mera Pyar which got extremely good words from the critics and it was a really very good album in totality too as all the songs were superb and the title song , which also is the title of the album as well, became a mass choice when it came to dedicating a love song for your beloved.
I did send a reply back to my friend that the list is really good and especially recommended the above two songs. She somehow had a notion that I might haven’t heard the 2nd song. Just for the record, I have not just heard both the songs but I remember their lyrics by heart and I purchased the entire Tera Mera Pyar album  even! Its just that from a long time….nothing.
If you haven’t listened the songs yet, give them a try. They are really good. Both are unfortunately in Hindi and I won’t be translating them in English so don’t ask me for the translation or give any request for the same too. But if you do understand the lyrics and would like the songs, let me know your thoughts and if you are looking for a dedication for some one you love, both are a very good choice, trust me!
So I got these two things came up to me right in the morning when this weekend started. Okay, technically only the later came since the 1st song was the result of my own random stumbling but still, both did shake me up. Why? No, I am not going to mention “why”. Anyways, I believe I should go and have some thing now since I haven’t eaten anything since morning except for two cups of coffee and also watch some tv or may be catch some sleep(it would be the best I guess) besides hoping that the rest of the day and the weekend goes on well.
Enjoy all the 3 songs and for the first one’s translation, if you think some thing can be changed or corrected or can be put in a better way, let know through the comment section. I shall update the translation with the credits mentioned for the person.

Comments

Neha Sharma said…
Hey Aman,

I see that you are a fan of Punjabi music so was just wondering if u have heard the song 'Main tenu samjhawan ki' by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. I think you wud like it! :)
If you already have heard dis song ne post on the same??
Aman.... said…
Hi Neha,

I am not just a fan, I am a proud, pakka Punjabi guy who is born brought up in Punjab :-) . So its actually a lot more than just being a "fan" :-) .

Yes, certainly I have heard the song and have posted the translation for it as well 2 years back, here it is.
http://sharmaaman.blogspot.in/2010/12/masterpiece-mein-tenu-samjhawan-ki.html

Aman....
Neha Sharma said…
nice....
I like ur blog :)
Aman.... said…
Thanks a bunch :) .

Aman....
Psyche said…
Aman,

Thank you so much for the translations and the lovely videos and recommendations.
Psyche said…
Aman,
Thank you so much for the lovely video links and your sharing - especially the translation
Aman.... said…
Psyche,

Thanks so much :) .

Aman....

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Hello From Singapore….