Goodbyes Are Never Easy....

 So yes, it's been a while. I know. And I also know that I have said it not just one time but quite a few times that I shall be consistent with the updates. No excuse except that I am just being lazy. There has been quite a few times where I thought I shall write about those moments. But then again, some thing or the other happened and a day or two passed. Once that happened, I just didn't care about writing any more. Not good, I know. 

What a pity that the first post that I am writing for this year is not a happy one either. 

Today, one of my friend lost his father. Though the old person wasn't feeling well from couple of years and was of 91, still his sudden demise came as a shock. I got the call and when I reached at my friend's place, it was just like memories coming back to me. 

I reached at his place and for few minutes, I just sat outside. There were some other people too sitting and I sat with one of them. At this moment, usually no one speaks. So we all were just sitting quietly. After few minutes I went inside and sat with my friend. He was giving last bath to his father's body. I just pressed his hand and then again came out. In few minutes, the van that is here to pick up the dead body arrived. I have seen it already many times before. Trust me, you never want to see that van. Even when it's standing empty, it can give shivers. Anyways, finally the time came and we picked up uncle's body and had it put in the van. I didn't sit in the van myself. No, I wasn't scared. I know the feel, that's all. I took my car and we left for the cremation ground. I had no strength to go there. Priest over there did recite Japuji Sahab's path. Once done with that, it was time for the last rites. My friend was the one who was standing with me a while ago in that place, holding me. And this time, it was me doing the same. It's a custom to get the woods for the last rites and all who wants to do it, they pick up the wood logs and arrange. I did too get some wood logs arranged. Finally, my friend did lit the fire. I was right there standing with him. Needless to say that he was crying so much. We all came back in about 1.5 hours from there. After spending some time with him at his home, I was back at my place. Took a shower and then just sat. 

Not sure what I do say. I never want to put step back in that creamation ground ever again. But I know, it's not possible. But going there, just brings memories back and again and again, I just see how hard it is to say goodbyes, especially to those whom you never are never ready to. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….