Another Session & Week Is Complete….

I have just sat down at the lounge after clearing the check-in. This week's session is completed and I am so glad that it got concluded successfully.

If you are a regular here and have read the last post, you would be aware that I mentioned that this week's session would be tough. But before I could start the session, I had to reach at the place and that starts with boarding the flight. And this time, flying proved to be a really terrifying experience. The weather was extremely cloudy and windy-throughout the entire journey. I travel quite a lot and thus traveling, flying, turbulence etc. doesn't really impact me much. But this time, the turbulence didn't seem to want to end. In the flying time of 2.5 hours, I believe just about 35-40 minutes, we didn't have the seat belt sign on. Not just this, captain announced even to the airline crew to sit down and buckle up. And in my overall flying experience, I have seen this only one time before. Anyways, as you are reading this, it certainly means that my flight did land successfully and I managed to reach in one piece.

After reaching the airport, thanks to the Priority tag, my  luggage almost immediately. I took a cab and started for my hotel. The journey from the airport to the hotel was smooth. The hotel where I was going to stay, I had been there before. Though it's not really a very big hotel(7 floors only and having a 3-star rating), it's a very nice place to stay for few days. The staff is friendly and professional and the rooms are comfortable. The best part was that the venue was not very far from the hotel. So after having a quick dinner, I called it a day as I had to start the session next morning.

Next morning, I did reach at the venue at my usual time of 8.15am only to find out that no one reached there.Not even a security guard was there and the main door was also locked. After calling twice and waiting for 20 minutes, the local staff did arrive. As usual, their excuse for the delay was traffic. I am habtual of hearing it now so I just didn't bother. The delegates arrived on time and we had startd the session. The delegates, as like always, were really nice and knowledgable. We had some great discussions and it's really nice to see when people are interested to know stuff deeply-something that I am always eager about. Not only this, we did have some moments filled with laughter as well. And one such moment was today, when one of the delegates, changed my name in the evaluation (of course by mistake). When I mentioned that it's an incorrect name, she mentioned that not sure why in her mind, the incorrect name was there all the time. But on a serious note, when we were concluding today, I could see teh smile on everyone's face and it's always a sign that they did like the session and it was helpful for them. Thanks to all for a great week and for their patience. I hope that we shall meet again soon in some other session.

Just now while writing this, I am remembering that I have to update about my the last week's session. I shall be updaing some thoughts in an upcoming post. It would be more of a rant than thoughts though.

Now, it's about 6pm and I can see that my flight is rescheduled to 9.15pm. And that means that I have to sit and wait here for a very long time. I wouldn't have much issue with it if this airport had a Starbucks outlet where I could go and have a cup of coffee while doing some work. But there is none and the one coffee outlet which is available, I don't like it at all! So I am not sure what I am going to do for next 3 hours. Those who think that flying and traveling is fun, they are just so mistaken. Being at a place may be fun but reaching from one place to another is never fun-especially when you have to wait for hours over the airport sitting idle.

Comments

Ratna Sharma said…
Great...so u reached ur destination or not...??������
Aman.... said…
Yes, I did reach. In fact, traveled in similar conditions yesterday as well :) .

Aman....
Unknown said…
Thanks for the good sessions , it was very interactive and a wonderful experience .
Aman.... said…
Thanks a bunch Naveen for stopping by here and of course, for a great time that I spent with you all. Thanks for having me there and I am glad I could be useful.

Aman....

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….