A Beautifully Written Song, Saaiyaan (Gunday)….

It’s been a while that I have posted any song and it’s translation. Though I had mentioned that I shall be doing so, but still being struck up in tons of distractions, it hasn’t happened by now. But today, I thought, let me start doing it again as I have been listening to a song since two days non-stop. Surprisingly it’s a Hindi song(though it has few words of Punjabi) and even more surprisingly, it’s a song from a movie. Yeah, I know, not really a common thing for me but still, a good song is a good song. I can’t say that this has got the best of the poetry woven in its lyrics but still, its a very meaningful song and few words, makes you sit back and want to applaud the writer for his choice of words.

The movie’s name is Gunday and song is titled as Saaiyaan. The word Saaiyaan may have different meanings depending on the context where it is used. When one is mentioning about god, it refers to god. And when it is used by a lover, like it is done in the song, it points to his/her beloved. The official video of the song is not having the complete song. I am posting two videos below where one is the official video and another video, which is actually just having a poster of the movie, containing the complete song.

And this following video contains the complete song,

Following are the lyrics of the complete song, firstly in Hindi

Kal Meera tadpi kanhan ko,
Sab laaj samaaj gawayi re!
Ab prem mein tadpan tarsan ki,
Hai baari kanhan ki aayi re!

Mori jaan gayi, tohra khel hua!

Mujh se main rootha, mujh mein main toota!
Mujh ko maine ishq wafa mein khud hi loota!
Lut lut ke, jeena hai marna baanke yaar bina!

Saaiyaan, hun main ki karan saaiyaan!
Jee laan ya maraan saaiyaan, rabb mujh se khafa saaiyaan!

Mujh se main rootha, mujh mein main toota!(repeat)
Saaiyaan(repeat)

Sapno ke sheeshe toote, dukh ki daraar se!
Chah k bhi nikle naa mann majhdhar se!
Koi bhi na bole aur koi bhi bulaye na!
Fir bhi aawaajein sune baadlon k paar se!
Russ russ k, mann se man jaana khud hi yaar bina!
Saaiyaan, hun main ki karan saaiyaan!
Jeeyan ya maraan saaiyaan, rabb mujh se khafa saaiyaan!

Saaiyaan....(repeat)

And the translation in English of the same is as following,

In the past, Meera yearned for Kanhaan,
She lost all of her respect!
Now, to year and ache for love,
Is the turn of Kanhaan!

I lost my life but for you it was just a game!

I became sullen from myself, I shattered from within!
I pillaged me from love by myself!
Living ransacked without beloved is just like living dead!

My love, what I am supposed to do now!
Should I live or should I die!
Seems like almighty is angry with me!

I became sullen....(repeat)
My love, what I am supposed to do now....(repeat)

Dreams, like glass, got shattered from the crevice of grief!
Despite wishing so much, mind doesn't come out of dubiety!
No one speaks and no one calls!
Yet, I can whispers coming behind from far away clouds!
Despite being sullen,I yield by myself in the absence of my beloved!

My love, what I am supposed to do now!
Should I live or should I die!
Seems like almighty is angry with me!

My love....(repeat)

Yes, it’s again love which is mentioned in the song and which is probably killing the guy (portrayed in the video). Not sure why most of the people don’t realize, love is not a four character world but it signifies a life-long bond. It is not a liability but a commitment which when one makes to someone, gives him/her the right to either make that person’s life filled with just the joys or destroy the every possibility for him/her to ever feel truly happy in his/her entire life. As it is said, when you are in love, you give someone just all the means to destroy you , trusting that he/she won’t ever do that! True, isn’t it?

Enjoy the song and if there are any corrections possible in the translation, feel free to mention it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….