A Cold Dinner & Reunion....

Last night we went out for new year celebration as we couldn't go on 31st December. It was planned but still we couldn't go on the scheduled date. So I was asked yesterday by the main arrangers for the entire trip to get ready. It was me, my sister, her friend N, S along with his wife M, we all went to Haveli aka WadiHaveli which is Ferozepur highway. It was a great planning which was involved in going over there as the place is quite far from city and the best part is that its really cold at the moment. Last night's temperature must be 1degree. So a great thought process was involved that how we would actually go there. Initially we were going by car but some how it got failed at the last moment so guess how we went? Yup we went on our bikes. That's why I mentioned 'cold dinner' :). The best thing happened that I forgot my gloves so my hands were like they will crack just by a touch. We were like frozen bunnies when we finally got at the place, especially me and Sumit as we were driving.
Haveli is a concept based on the theme of traditional Punjab and to show its traditional and rich culture. Wadi means big and Haveli means villa so it comes down as big villa. The whole place is build on the same theme though to cope up with the current time, some today's time additions like chinese snacks, coffee, video games corner are also added. But over all its a nice place to enjoy dining in the traditional way. If you ask me, I am very proud to be a Punjabi. Its a saying that 'all try to be the best but some are born only as Punjabis'.Punjabis have proven themselves in the whole world with their hard work, big hearts and bravery. So for me anything related to Punjab and Punjabis is the best. All the others too enjoyed so much being there. Sis, M and N took so many snaps of them around the statues and all over the place. It was a great fun to be there.
One more incident happened there which I least expected. When we just entered in the premises of Haveli, I saw a guy whom I recalled as my very old and dear friend N but as I was far from him, I couldn't have a clear view. So I went a little close and called him. He missed it and went inside. I thought that he must be some body else but it doesn't happen that I forget anything or any person. Despite he didn't look at me, I was sure that he was N so I went inside to ask that person. And guess what when I went inside, he just looked at me and shouted,'hey Aman!!'. Yes he was N, my very good friend whom I was seeing yesterday night after 6 years. I haven't met anyone up till now in the marketing business who is as good as N is. You can expect how efficient and good he would be in his work by this that after joining as an insurance advisor in his bank(which will be unnamed) , within an year only he become team leader there. Extremely intelligent, smart and good looking with amazing social and networking skills. He was there with his wife Simran and their very sweet daughter, Hasrat. Hasrat is such a sweet angel. I was carrying her all the time they were there and she was so much happy!  I met N almost 8 years back for the first time. Than he came down to  to look for a job and started living there in 2002. He got his job very soon in a very reputed banking firm  where only he met Simran who used to work in the same organization. N and S fell in love and got married . Their marriage is some thing which proves that when you love some one from your heart, its nothing beyond that person which matters.N and S belonged to different castes. This proved as the biggest milestone in their way. Being a pure Jatt boy, N had to bear his entire family's anger and the same happened with Simran. They tried a lot to make things go fine but sadly it didn't happen. So they were forced to take a very extreme step, they did court marriage and told their families about it. After about 6 months, every one got agreed and all is well at both the ends. Me and Nused to sit for long hours at my home before he got married and talk about how everything will go, how to put things in front of his family and all that! He used to give me advices too that what should I do but lets not talk about it here as its not about me but about Nand S.S's family lives one block ahead from my house. After he got married, he left that job and also the city. Now he is settled in Bathinda city as branch manager of a bank along with his wife and daughter. It was so nice to see him so much happy and meet him and his family after so long. He thought that I am married too now and took Nancy  as the gal who was supposed to come from Malaysia. But I told him she is not the one and not my wife too and neither I am  married. I could see from his face that he wanted to know what happened. He promised me that he will come to my place before he leaves the city as he was visiting his in-laws yesterday.
After having a very tasty dinner and hot coffee, we all left for home. Again it was the same bone chilling weather which welcomes us outside and it was really so tough to get energy to come out from the cozy atmosphere from Haveli and drive. But we couldn't stay there and had to come home so we had to drive. It was so good to be with your closest and dearest ones and enjoy and also due to this visit, I met with my long departed friend, what else best I could ask for to start my new year?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….