Weeks Is Over But Not The Tour….

So it is Saturday here at Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and I am done with my work of this week here. It was a tiring week and at some instances,  I got a really upset as well. Tiring because of the module-Oracle Security is a really difficult module to deliver if you ask me. There is a lot of concept that goes into the Security contrary to many who thinks when it comes to Oracle database Security, Auditing is the only thing to remember. Anyways, let me not bore you with what is Oracle Security. The other reason I found the week tough was the language. At the customer site, just a few delegates spoke English well while others did try very hard but not really able to do it so well. And that makes it really really hard to communicate with the people sitting in front of you when you have to look at their facial expressions, body language along with whatever they are saying to understand the context of the discussion. This proved to be the hardest part of this week’s session. I hope I managed it okay as the final rating is “really good” (won’t mention what it is though but take a guess if you can) . And lastly, as I mentioned, I got a little at some moments as well. I can understand when someone has difficulty in understanding the vocal language but what about the reading and following the written text? If almost all the chats, emails you are doing in English, it does mean that at least when it comes to reading the written text, it’s okay for you to do so. Then why it is so hard to follow so simple instructions? More than the real issues to solve in the sessions, I had to solve the issues like when someone hadn’t bothered to read that he/she has to be in a particular folder(directory for those who use only Windows) to open a specific file? How hard it is do and that too when you are already supposed to know the bare minimum of Oracle database anyways? Well, seems like this was also a difficult task for few delegates but giving them the benefit of the doubt, I guess may be they were pushed into the program simply because it was happening. It wasn’t checked properly that whether they were really a good fit for such an advanced program or not actually. Anyways, as it is said that all is well that ends well so I guess I would say thanks to all who attended the session and I hope it is going to be useful for you. Despite of the things I mentioned, all the delegates were really nice, friendly and tried their best to understand the module and tried to take care of me in the best possible way. One delegate even made coffee for me twice despite that I asked him so many times not to do it. So a big thank you everyone! I hope we shall be meeting again soon in some other program.

So this week is over but it’s not the same for the travel. I have another program at a different location at India and for that, travel will start in about 2 hours from now and it would be a LONG and tiring travel. Besides almost 6 hours of flying time in two parts, I would need to wait for almost 13 hours at the airport to catch my  connection. It’s time to start packing the bag and getting ready now. See you latteeeerrrrrrrr!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Hello From Singapore….