Another Timeless Melody By Amrinder Gill, Judaa….

Its been quite some time that I have mentioned any song over here. To be honest, I didn’t bother about any since the past few days. Though there has been a burst of new songs all the times but there is one which I really liked. I have felt so often that when you are sad and all broken from inside, all of a sudden you hear something which somehow expresses very closely what you are feeling and also, makes you sit and think millions of the thoughts. The same happened with just now when I heard the latest song from Amrinder Gill(you can also check this wikipedia link) Judaa! I saw a promo of it over a music channel and after that, I was so keen to listen the complete song and was blown away when I did hear it!

Amrinder Gill needs no introduction. I have met him personally over Bombay airport couple of years back and had spent about 2 hours. Besides being a very good singer, he is a very simple human being as well. I have already mentioned his song Afwah in this blog post. The song was written by the legendary lyricist Raj Kakra who is known to pen down emotions, especially pain so nicely in words that its impossible for any one who says he has a heart, not to be touched and not having tears in his eyes. Judaa is also written by the same Raj Kakra so the magical duo has joined forces together once more and the result is an amazingly good song once again!

I was looking to find the official video of the song to post below. But despite searching for quite a while, all I could find some self-made videos of the people and claiming it as an official video of the song. The official video of the song has not yet released though but there are clippings of it already floating on Youtube. So I shall be posting just the song which is actually not in the video format. As soon as the official video would be released, I shall replace the current one with that.

 

Update: As I promised that whenever the official video would be out, I shall be posting it so here it goes,

 

As good is the song, the video has come up on the same level! Its just amazing! Enjoy!

I believe that this should come without any guess that the song is a Punjabi song. As like always, I shall be translating the song in English too. First, here are the lyrics in Punjabi,

Tun judaa hoyon, par teri yaad judaa na hoyi!
Jaan meri tanhayian de gal lagg lagg k royi!

Saath tere da hor asin nigh laina si,
Tun iss mod te nahin alvida kehna si!
Rom rom vich ajj v tere saahan di khushboi!

Tun judaa(repeat)….

Unj duniya te lok vichhde milde ne,
Bin tere sab chah hi marr gaye dil de ne!
Dabb lawan dil di nukre,Naa jawe peed lukoyi!

Tun judaa(repeat)….

Ik duje no lok v aksar puchhde ne,
Jaan to pyare kyon achanak aksar russde ne!
Raaj kakde baad sajjan jind na jiyundi na moyi!

Tun judaa(repeat)….

And here is the translation of the same in English,

You have left me, but your memories didn't!
My soul has cried hugging the loneliness so often!

I still wanted to feel the warmth of your presence,
You must not had left me at this moment of time!
In my every breath, your fragrance is still there!

You have left me, but your memories didn't!
My soul has cried hugging the loneliness so often!

There may be many people who meet and leave daily,
Without you, all the charms are dead of this heart!
I want to suppress this pain in some corner of my heart,
This pain is becoming impossible for me to hide!

You have left me, but your memories didn't!
My soul has cried hugging the loneliness so often!

People ask each other so often,
Those who are dearer than even life, why they leave us always just like that?
Without beloved, one remains neither alive nor dead!

You have left me, but your memories didn't!
My soul has cried hugging the loneliness so often!

 

Given the present state of mind, which is already so gloomy and messed up, I just don’t know what to say about the song except one word, awesome! Yes, its just so good but at the same time, its so painful too and the pain hidden under its lyrics can be only understandable by that unfortunate one who has been left alone by his beloved, just with empty arms, a heart which is broken in millions of pieces and eyes filled with tears! Those only who have got these gifts from none other than those whom they loved more than themselves, more than this world and yet were left by those same beloved only because of wishes of study in abroad, a better career and life, know and can feel the pain of the words of this song. When you sit all alone and tears start flowing from your eyes without even any words spoken from your mouth,how does the dropping of those tears one by one over your cheeks over your hands feels like your life is flowing out of you along with all the feelings of happiness and joy, only those can understand who have got this punishment for the rest of their lives! Its so easy to give tears and walk away but it takes a life time to try to stop them and even then, the efforts go completely in vain. As the song’s ending lines say, the person becomes like just like a dead soul in a living body who sits with his eyes closed, waits and wishes every moment to go out of that living body. But even this small wish doesn’t get fulfilled and you again see when you open those eyes filled with tears that you are still alive and has to still bear this pain of those millions of pieces of broken heart which pierce in your soul and make it bleed with every coming breath, with every heartbeat!

If I shall write any more, I wont’ be able to stop my own tears so won’t write anything anymore but shall conclude by mentioning two lines written by Mohsin Naqvi, which are so similar to the last two lines of the above song and depicts the pain so very well of one who has got the punishment of being alive yet die with every breath! Have a read,

Zindagi bhar azab sehne ko,

Dil mila hai udaas rehne ko!

Ek chup k hazaar hain mafahuum,

Aur kya reh gaya hai kehne ko!

 

And its meaning in English is,

All life to bear the strange things,

I have got this heart to be melancholic all the time!

One silence has got thousands of reasons,

What else is left to say!

Well done Amrinder and Raj and thanks for bringing an another timeless melody!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….