Late Night Post….

Well, that’s a perfect title for the post since its actually late night and I didn’t plan to write it at this moment but tomorrow. But since I am not feeling sleepy, I thought, its better to write it down now only and use tomorrow’s time for something else. Songs are playing in the ears through the headphones and its really quite(shouldn’t be surprised about it though)! What the heck I am doing here, you may ask? Well, nothing actually hehehe. Anyways, since I am here now so let me tell you about the last week’s travel.
It was a really hectic week if you ask me! If you have read the last post, I have mentioned it there as well that the entire week was really really tough. Though it was superb in the regards of the audience, contents and discussions which did happen in the entire but still, I am not sure why, after this module, I feel like dead! The module contains tons of things to do, discuss and even possible, demonstrate as well. In this program, I didn’t have any machines left for me so I couldn’t do the demo part but there was a ton which I had to discuss with the audience, speaking of which, it was one of the best possible people who did spend 5 days with me, hearing me. The delegates were all very senior oracle professionals and out of all, two were from the support team of the same product for which I was there to impart training. There were huge amount of discussions which did happen on 4th and 5th day. I must say that though all were very tiring but at the same time, were very rewarding as well-at least for me! The delegates brought up some very interesting points which were a lot of fun to discuss. The delegates were extremely kind, friendly and intelligent. Even though they were all so senior, they gave me a huge respect and did listen to all of what I said very patiently. One delegate even did ask me to have a pic with him for which I was very reluctant initially but then finally said yes for it. It was a great program which came to a very satisfactory conclusion. As I always say, there is nothing better than seeing smiles on the faces of the delegates when they are leaving or at the end of the program and it was indeed present! A perfect sign to show that everything went as expected or even better(in this case)! Thanks so much guys, I hope I would be able to meet with you all soon!
Once done, I thought that I shall be able to have some rest now since there was a weekend in between me and the next session but there was another thing which came towards me and I am just glad that it did happen!
When I was done with my normal program and was all set to come back, I got a call that someone somewhere has got a real bad treatment while attending his first ever session about the oracle database and he is really upset! And now, there must be something that should be done to make sure that to some extent, his disappointment can be reduced. Now, to be honest, my first impression was that I don’t want to go since there was just a very hectic session which came to an end and there was another hectic session lined up for the next week , with just two days in between these two. And if I would say yes, it means that I would be speaking for a little almost two weeks non-stop which for any speaker is not a good thing at all! And since I normally won’t go and crack jokes or tell stories, its rather much harder over me to do such kind of things without taking any breaks in between. But then this thought also did come to the mind that the person who has no fault of his, why he should suffer because of someone else’s mistakes? And moreover, the person came from overseas and I certainly won’t want that someone would come to my place and would go with a bitter taste in his mouth for any reasons! No, there is nothing to pretend or show-off in this statement. I can’t claim that I shall change the entire world or something like that but I guess, its not right to say that too(but don’t be in doubt, its me who we are talking about so you never know) . If every single person becomes aware about his part of the job and is conscious about its outcome, I believe its enough to change anything in any world in any way! Okay, now that may sound a little too stretched up but its true and that’s what I believe in. So I decided to give it a go and deliver the two day session. To look at the bright side, I said to myself that its not going to be a complete class. Its just going to be a single person and there would be a one to one conversation that would happen so it shouldn’t be that tiring! Well, guess what, it wasn’t tiring at all but came out to be real fun! And as I always say, there is nothing like seeing that light bulb go over someone’s head when he understands something! That’s the same feeling which I saw over that guy, Jai Prakash Assi’s face! In his own words, he was feeling that he has completely lost it but once we started talking and I started explaining him the bits and pieces, I guess things went on to become much smoother than they were before.
I was told that he is very upset and I had no reasons to not be agreed to it since when I heard from him whatever happened, rather than saying that he was upset, I would actually say that he was still very patient with all and didn’t say anything as long as water didn’t come to his nose level! Only when it was the moment of “enough is enough” , he mentioned his upsetness to all and that was the time when I was called in. He was completely right since the instructor that he and two other guys got, was not upto the mark. Mind it that I didn’t say that he completely was of no use and was a complete idiot (I guess I said just what I didnt want to but NVM) but still, this can’t be skipped that he didn’t do his job well. Since you are not aware about certain things , it doesn’t mean that all would be so ignorant and  wont notice. May be they wont mention it but next time, they would not ever sit in your session!Training is a very noble profession and if you are a trainer, you must make sure that you do whatever it takes but would make your delegates happy! But I guess, this simple thing many fail to understand and believe that they can pull any string and it would go unnoticed without making any sound. And that’s what happened when the previous instructor made it all messed up! I tried to clean as much as I could but there were some things which I didn’t come prepare about and couldn’t do justice with them! Besides the technical discussions, there were many informal talks as well since it just happened (from coincident) as a very nice coincidence that he was a Punjabi and his roots are in my place! So we did a lot besides technical topics( which were at the top priority anyways) . I found him a real nice guy and was very happy when the news came that he is a Punjabi too and that too, his roots were there in Punjab only ! Its a really small world and I was once again very fortunate to meet someone really nice! Overall,  it was a very good session and since I did come there with a goal to make sure that Jai would be happy, seeing him happy just summed up the session of 2 days perfectly well!
There has been some change of program so I may find some more time to talk about things happening with and around me! Stay tuned :D .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

Hello From Singapore….