A Forgotten Legend, Nand Lal Noorpuri….

Why it is so that when someone leaves this world, then only people start respecting, loving, caring about him? Why when he is alive, no one even bothers about him, about his existence? I fail to understand almost all the time that why such a small thing is so tough for many to understand that its not important to put flowers on someone’s grave twice a day when you haven’t even bothered to ask him that how is he when he was alive? Thanks to such hypocrisy, many people live their entire in a forced solitude and even face a very sad death! And you know what’s the worse part, it doesn’t just happen to common man(it happen to a common, ordinary person for sure mind it but its not limited to him, that’s what I mean) but also to those who are legends! People, who have created history from their work! Nand Lal Noorpuri is one such legend who has given so much to Punjabi literature, Punjabi community but its just so sad to see that he never got that kind of respect, that status which he truly deserved. And seeing that now a days, some idiots who has an illusion that they are either a great singer/poet/musician and yet tasting all the success, enjoying their lives with all the facilities , just makes me sick!

I was looking for something else when I found the below video. In this video, Debi Makhsoospuri  and Mangal Hathoor with couple of other guys are talking about Noorpuri! I won’t be translating the video(its in Punjabi) but I would be putting here the last poetry which is said here and was written by Noorpuri. It just took my heart away to see what has happened to this great legend and how beautifully he penned his pain in just four lines.

 

And here are those four lines! They are in Hindi and I shall be explaining its meaning in English as well,

Log jeete hain duniya mein kis shaane se,

Koi tann bech kar, koi mann bech kar!

Mere ikhlaas ka dard pehchaniye,

Maine faake khareede hain fan bech kar!

 

And here is its translation in English,

With how much pride, people live,

Even after selling their bodies and souls,

Try to understand the pain of my sincerity,

I have bought starvation after selling art of mine!

 

How sad, how so very sad it is that someone who gave his life’s 35 years to the literature, he had to say this to sum up his journey! How so very shameful it is for all of us who give so much of importance, popularity to singers like Miss Pooja, musicians like Honey Singh and writers like Bohemia who, not even after their 7 lives can touch just one percent of what these legends have done!

I can’t stop myself from putting here two lines by Mohsin Naqvi which just fit here perfectly,

Kuch dinon ke liye chalo dunia ko chhod chalein Mohsin,

Suna hail log bahot yaad karte hain chale jaane ke baad!

 

And its translation in English is,

Lets go from this world for few days,

I have heard people remember you a lot once you leave this world!

 

How so very true, isn’t it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
woww thosee aree very nicee poemss agreed!! r u from indiaa if u r wht a surprisee thennn cuz im a frommm canada lets just say u got discovered here ......lolsss......love ur posts it funny how u have a friend named amardeep and my name is amarpreet but every1 calls me amar thouu........
amar <33 BTW imma girl hehe....u didnt need to noe
Aman.... said…
Hi Amar(preet),

Well, before I say something, I have a friend with the name called Amarpreet too LOL and he is in London now.

Thanks so much Amar for stopping by here, for the kind words and for "discovering" me :) . I am so glad to hear that my random ramblings are of some interest and you liked them. Thanks a bunch for it! I hope you would keep visiting here and when you do, don't forget to say a "hi" .

Thanks once again Amar!

Cheers
Aman....
Aman.... said…
Forgot to tell that, Yes I am from India and in India, from Punjab!
Anonymous said…
wowww....samee here my roots r from punjab as well...... omg u seriouss u have a friend named amarpreet lol wht can i say brown people have the same names pretty much.. i wasnt realli expecting a replyy from u ...but the was very kind of u :)trust me i wont forget to sayy "hi"
amar
Aman.... said…
Yes, I really do have one and he is a very nice guy :) .

i wasnt realli expecting a replyy from u ...but the was very kind of u

You shouldn't have thought like that Amar. I have mentioned it already, I may be late but I shall surely reply!:)

Aman....
Anonymous said…
lol ...if i wouldnt have thought tht then wht should have i thought???....... hes a nice guyy but this amar is even a nicer girl ;) lol
amar
Aman.... said…
.if i wouldnt have thought tht then wht should have i thought???

LOL that he is going to reply for sure . I have mentioned in the home page, I can't promise to reply back immediately but its for sure that I shall do so as soon as I would see it! And this is is very popular about me Amar, if I say I shall do it,I shall do it :) .

hes a nice guyy but this amar is even a nicer gir

I am sure she is :)!

Aman....
Anonymous said…
lol.. im happy ur replyyingg...cuz yea ..my life isnt realli not all tht interesting rite now...its very nice of u replying to wht i sayy...i guess i learned one thing bout u and tht is....tht u will alwys reply :) i am realli nicee thou.....cant deny tht fact ;) lol
amar
Aman.... said…
Life is a serious business and many times, you don't understand the tricks it has in store for you! Be strong and just keep on going. If its not really personal, feel free to share.I may not be able to help, but sharing pain is going to make it half .

i am realli nicee thou.....cant deny tht fact

I am in complete agreement :) .

Aman....
Anonymous said…
it alritee nothingg to personally just...... u noe the same thingg..like everyday is just like any other day..... home school .....school home...lols and its not painnn.....alsoooo u better agree;)...and ur soo ritee tht u dont noe the tricks tht life has in store for u....u have veryy good vocabulary ...as u can see mine realli sucks....but guess wht it isnt school :P
amar
Aman.... said…
Hmm kind of confused, home-school-home and its not school? :-?

Aman....
Anonymous said…
lol i mean like im home then i have to go to school......and then like when im at school i go straight home..... so dont have much of a life cuz of studyingg ....... :)lol
amar

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings Revealed Truly & Musically....

A Poetic MasterPiece By Faraz.....

Hello From Singapore….